Day 894

Friday, June 26, 2015

Slight issue at ActiveSports in which the best housekeeping worker at the club was let go due to insubordination.  All the morning members were up in arms, so hopefully the issue will be resolved with a second chance and heightened awareness and communication to make sure everyone falls in line.

Wrote from 10-10 today.  No work, which was so nice.  I love full days writing in my apt.  I'm totally in my element doing this.  Today, I drafted No. 6 and came up with the story for No. 7.  All 12 chapters are now in my head.  All I have to do is realize each of them so that they fit into his long coherent string that feels like a story.  A few things that came up in No 6 are interesting.  Mindy's dad is now with a much younger woman who reminds Mindy of Taylor -- a 20-something named Hannah -- but it's hard to hate her because she's so nice and kind of gets Mindy.  My favorite aspect of writing is thinking of all the dynamics at play, how complicated they are and how they often fluctuate.

In the evening, I listened to more TS songs.  I'm familiar with about 80% of them now.  If there is one song I would call a masterpiece, it's "Never Grow Up."  That is a perfect song.  Very touching.

From music videos, I went to Howard Stern interviews and finished out the day with about an hour's worth of Jeff Ross roasts on Youtube.  My God, that guy is funny. 

Jeff Ross Roasting Prisoners.  Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment