Day 884

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Two weeks into my mad rush to write La Stavaganza, and I've written approximately 20,000 words.  That's not bad.  I have three chapters written out of twelve total.  I don't worry about losing momentum with this story.  It's too interesting to me and with music as its primary language, I feel at home as the story develops.  It's amazing how a good night's sleep will complete energize and weary, tired brain.  Since starting this story, I've been sleeping soundly.  I'm usually fast asleep before ten.

I woke up around 5:45 this morning and wrote until noon, drafting chapter 3, framing the scenes and thinking about all the things I want to include.  No. 3 is School, so I did a little research on Berkeley High.  I imagine the school to be as diverse as the world itself, and will use all the various musical styles and classifications to distinguish one group from another.

Got a haircut at 3, then went to Safeway for root beer and milk (life's necessities).  Richard and Trey came over with a Zachery's pizza to watch game 6 of the NBA finals.  The Warriors were in control all game and won the title.  It was well-deserved and capped a sensation season for them.  The victory parade is on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment