Day 870

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Today was a big step in the right direction for privacy rights when Congress agreed to send a bill to the President that reformed some of NSA's nefarious surveillance powers.  There aren't many individuals who can say the singlehandedly affected change by taking a stand.  Edward Snowden can.  Hurry for him and for the right thing winning out.  I hope one day he's given a pardon.  Without him, the Patriot Act would have been renewed and all our data would have been secretly collected and stored by the government.  It probably still is, but at least there's a rule of law protecting us from mass surveillance.  At least there's a hoop the NSA has to jump through.

So I've started a new novel, La Stravaganza, which I hope to write as quickly as possible so that I can begin the long hard task of writing Botticelli Girl.  I have two novels on my plate, a one-two punch to get things going.  I refuse to let the disappointments of the past discourage me.  Actually, La Stravaganza is therapeutic in a strange sort of way.  It will either work or it won't.  We'll see.

Worked from 9-2:30, then came home and banged out 2k words.  Talked to Chris from 8-9:30, then Alice, then to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment