Day 882

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Up at 6:45 this morning.  I wrote in the morning and began Vivaldi research, going over the books I checked out and looking up resources online.  I came across this great video about Vivaldi's life, called "Vivaldi and the Women of the Pieta."



I never really thought about it before, but perhaps one of the reasons why Vivaldi's music is full vivacious and full of life is he's composing for an entire orchestra of girls and young women who've been abandoned all their lives.  This is his contribution to giving them joy and happiness.  The more I learn about Vivaldi, the more remarkable he becomes.

I wrote about 2,000 words today, all time spent drafting out No. 2 - Mom.  I like the drama and reactions with this family.   They live in Berkeley.  Mindy's mother is a scientist and her father is a profession at Cal.  They were the perfect family and perfect parents until it was disclosed that the father was involved with a graduate student.  Mindy's mom is devastated and Mindy hasn't spoken to her father in weeks.  She's crushed as well.

In the afternoon, I went to the library one last time to check out a few more books, namely this book:


At 5, Game 5 between the Warriors and Cavs began.  It was a must-win for the Warriors and they took care of business!

They lead 3-2 going into Tuesday's match up.  After the game, I read for another 45 minutes before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment