Day 873

Friday, June 5, 2015

Spent two hours on La Stravaganza this morning, laying out the structure, thinking through the elements I want woven into the fabric.  I'm combining marketing elements (stuff that resonates with readers) and me elements (stuff only I would be into).  As long as it's commercial.  The foundation is music and the sub-elements are everything else...fandom, obsession, fantasy, emotional extremism, teen angst, romance, staying power, rivalries, friendship, betrayal, history, musicianship, etc.  Like Op. 4, the book is in twelve parts with each "story" reflective of each Vivaldi Concerto. I have to say, it's been a kick imaging how I could possibly bring the 21st Century (Taylor Swift) and the 18th Century (Vivaldi) together.  I have the ending (Fabio Biondi) and I like how ridiculous it is.  Now I only need to realize everything.  I want to make it happen with the right energy, voice, and delivery. 

A few ideas have emerged after listening to every Taylor Swift song and studying the lyrics and performances.  There is so much out there to digest and absorb, and so much of it is hilarious and sweet.  She is something.  I admire her energy and drive.  Watching her wrap presents for her fans and packaging them is like something out of a sci-fi film.  I can barely get one package wrapped and mailed to family members, let along strangers.  That video in particular has really left an impression on me. 


So far, there seem to be three types of songs in the TS oeuvre:  love songs, revenge songs, and nostalgia for the recent past.  Some of the tunes are very catchy, some are fine enough, and some are downright touching. 

It's the obsession that I find interesting though, the desire to lose oneself in someone else, like a million online biographers writing, shaping, and crafting lore for each other. 


Hannibal is back!  Hannibal is back!  Oh my goodness gracious, the best show on TV is back and it's intoxicating.  Truly brilliant to watch and the reason why going to movies isn't all that necessary anymore.  TV is just as good as the best movies out there.  Hannibal is the best.  Brilliant.  A work of genius and good motivation for Botticelli Girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment