Day 875

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Up at 6:45 and wrote until noon.  I sketched out a lot of No. 1 and wrote a bunch of brainstorming paragraphs that may or may not be used. 

In the afternoon, I walked to the library and checked out a few books I didn't have time to read last month.  I doubt I'll have any time for them this month, but if I do I have them.

Alice bike gang came over for dinner, May, Chester, Rose, Cecilia and Jay.  Alice cooked up a storm, inspired by Chef's Table and Anthony Bourdain, though she denies it.  The Warriors game started at 6, so we watched a little basketball before dinner. 

Alice served delicious squash soup, salmon, green vegetables, stir fry shrimp, rice and curry chicken.  She loves cooking several dishes for her guests.  It was a wonderful evening with her friends. 

Unfortunately, the Warriors lost in overtime.  They were so cold, especially Curry.  Even the best have bad games. 

Alice's friend left around 8.  We cleaned up the kitchen and dining room, then tried to watch one final episode of Chef's Table, but we were too tired.  We both went to bed before 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment