Day 876

Monday, June 8, 2015

Up at 4, at the gym at 5, finished at 6:15.  I came home early and had the entire day to write, a first in a long while.  I took advantage of the moment by writing and researching from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m., a full 15 hours of work.  The scary thing is I can't wait to go at it again tomorrow.  I really like this new novel, even though it's admittedly insane. 

I have the first half of the novel plotted out:

1. Swifties
2. Mom
3. School
4. Vivaldi
5. Biondi
6. Dad

The second half is 2/3s there:

7. ???
8. Reckless
9. Remorse
10. Vote
11. ???
12. Taylor

I spent 10 hours writing, 4 hours researching, 1 hour for lunch and Game of Thrones, which was back to being so-so, and 30 minutes for dinner and Silicon Valley, which is absolutely brilliant.  I have to say, researching Swifties is the best way imaginable to tap into the mindset of a modern teen girl.  It's all there on the internet, in tweets, vlogs, tumbr feeds, Facebook posts.  I'm "Taylurking," which was what Taylor Swift did when searching for her Secret Sessions participants.  Some of this real stuff is so over-the-top crazy that I couldn't make it up if I tried.  It's like watching Beatlemania, stadium revival meetings and emotional teen euphoria all rolled into a musical act that is a far far cry from Bob Dylan but apparently speaks to nearly everyone born after 1995.  And I'm combing this with music that was written over 300 years ago?  Oh, dear.  If I can put it off, I deserve a book deal and then some. At least it's being written quickly and will get me in shape for the real prize, Botticelli Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment