Day 872

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Up at 5:50, wrote for a few hours before getting reading for Maxine Silva's memorial service at the Chapel of the Chimes.  Maxine was in her 90s when she passed away.  I hope I live that long.  I was privileged enough to say a few words about my interactions with her.  She was instrumental in providing me with wonderful details about Oakland in the 1930s and some of the details I captured in my Julia Milan novel.  She was a wonderful, timeless woman with amazing elegance and charm.  She's a real inspiration to me.

After the service, we all met at Fat Lady in Jack London Square for some excellent food, drink and company.  Good times until 3 p.m.



At memorial/reception for Biff's mom, Maxine Silva

With Rhonda

Afterward, I cleaned my place (I always seem to be cleaning, but my place always seems to be messy) in time for the Warriors/Cavs game.  Richard, Lisa and Sophie came over for Star Pizza, salad, root beer, beer, and chocolate chip cookies.  The game was tight all the way and the last 2 minutes of regulation were soooo stressful, but the Warriors managed to pull it out in overtime with a 108-100 win.  The Cavs are tough!  Should be a great series.

Just found out before bed that Season 3 premier of Hannibal is Tonight!  So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment