Day 877

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Up at 5:25 and wrote until 10.  Then showered and went to Trader Joe's and Safeway for curry chicken tonight.  Continued writing from 11-2, then made dinner from 2-3.  I cleaned up at from 3-3:30, then rested until 4.  From 4-5 I doing chores (and catching up with this), then from 5-6 I'll hopefully be able to write another hour before Game 3 tonight at 6.  Richard and Lisa are coming over again for the game.  Should be fun!

So about 7-8 hours of writing today.  I revised what I wrote yesterday and sketched out No. 2 and Mindy's story with her mom.  This is a fun novel with a lot going on.  As Mindy's world develops, I see all kinds of potential.  I can't wait to write No. 12.  I like the payoff there.  This story is voice heavy, so that should satisfy the voice addicts.  I'm still thinking about the vlogs I watched yesterday from random teenagers who are big time Swiftie fans.  They're so naturally hilarious.  There's an energy to teenagers that I remember so well.  Can't say I miss it, but I know it and respect it.  It's like they can't dial down the restlessness. 

If I can finish this book by the end of July and get Botticelli Girl written by the end of the year, I'll consider my first 1,000 days of writing a job well done.  That would equal four novels in 1,000 days. 

My weakest link used to be filling up empty pages with something, anything.  Now it's organizing my thoughts once a few thousand words are written and staying focused as I assemble all the nonsense into something that resembles a coherent, continuous sequence.  If I can streamline that aspect of my writing more efficiently, I'd be in a far better position to crank out material quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment