Day 869

Monday, June 1, 2015

Another new month to look forward to.  This one will be very busy.

Left Alice's at 4, hit the gym at 5, came home at 6:30, took care of a few things, worked from 9-2, then came home and wrote a few thousand words.  Responded to emails, had dinner, then watched last night's episode of Game of Thrones.

A week or so ago I railed against the series, bemoaning the slowness of episodes and storylines, wanting things to move so much faster, but knowing that every fourth episode or so I would see something so extraordinary that it would blow my mind and force me to carry on with this series.  Well, that moment happened during the last 20-minutes of last night's episode with a sequence that was so extraordinary that it’s hard to believe it came from the land of television.  In what can only be described as an epic moment in television, the storming of the Wildlings compound by the White Walkers was something out of Lord of the Rings, something so amazing and jaw dropping in its brilliance that I actually watched the entire sequence twice and may even watch it a third time.  Everything about it was amazing.  It was one of the most magnificently choreographed battle sequences I've ever seen.  It was also done with such speed and agility and emotional brilliance. It was epic and memorable.  The downside is I now have to slog through another inevitable series of slow scenes again, but at least there are only two episodes left this season, and I'm sure there will be one last payoff before the season finale.  I was at my wit's end these past few episodes, but after last night's glorious battle sequence and CGI masterpiece, all is forgiven.

I went online to see what the experts had to say about this episode, and found this:

A Director's Response to Last Night's Game of Thrones 


No comments:

Post a Comment