Day 749

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Spent all morning and afternoon preparing for my annual Super Bowl party and this one was certainly memorable.  It was a great game from the beginning, but those final 24 seconds will haunt me for a while.  What a bitter way to end an otherwise spectacular Seahawk season. 


Got my colors on!

Extra guac this year!

The gang arrived around 3:15
Even Alice was into it...sort of.


Rodney in the house!

Thanks for the awesome scarf, Richard!

Things were looking so sweet, and then....



Pete Carroll is still a hero to me.  Russell Wilson is still an amazing athlete.  But those last 24 seconds of Super Bowl 49 won’t go away easily, if ever.  It’s hard to believe such an exciting, amazing up-and-down season can come down to one final play that went so horrifically wrong.  So this is how Green Bay felt two weeks ago.  Wow.  I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy.  I keep telling myself, it’s only a game, it’s only a game.  Yeah, I know.  It doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things, and yet I’m in such a funk.  What a heartbreaking loss, especially when the setup was so perfect for a massive victory Seahawks style.  Russell Wilson’s god is one wicked jokester.  That’s life in all it’s unrelenting unpredictability.  Our Super Bowl Free Roll was fun while it lasted, but those last 24 seconds…yeah, that’s gonna take some time to recover from. 




No comments:

Post a Comment