Day 1289

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

More DNC coverage today.  I came home from another very busy day at work and just plopped myself on the couch after making dinner.  I watched Joe Biden give a rousing, passionate speech about what it means to be an American and how unqualified Donald Trump is to be president.  I loved it.  Then Michael Bloomberg gave a speech which I thought was fantastic...billionaire against "billionaire."  Finally, Obama took the stage and showed everyone how it's done.  He's such a drop mic player.  This convention has come full circle.  It's one of the best I've seen in an long time.  It's as if the Democratic Convention has taken the symbolism and patriotism from the Republican Conventions of the 1980s and energized their constituents with generals, flags, and what it means to be free.  Those are Republican themes that have now been "trumped" by fear, xenophobia, anger and hate.  Interesting times!



No comments:

Post a Comment