Day 1264

Saturday, July 2, 2016

I got up an hour or so before anyone else.  I watched a little television, had some cereal, and lounged in the tranquility of an early summer morning in Maricopa, AZ.  It was hot and it wasn't even 8.  The cows were out, their nasty scent infusing the landscape with a stench that kept me from sitting outside.  Dear, the air was vile in the morning.  Once everyone was up, we planned our day, a visit to the mall for lunch and shopping, followed by a relaxing evening at home to play cribbage, eat dinner, enjoy a film on TV, and stay up late.  Alice, Mom and I had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  I had what would hopefully be my last cheeseburger, fries and Coke in a while.  The truth is I cannot have such fattening foods anymore if I want to maintain a reasonable proportion relative to my size.  My metabolism is gone, so now I'm with everyone else in paying attention to what I eat.  The problem is I love fattening, salty, sweet things that aren't that good for you.  I do love healthy foods, but seem to love everything, so no burgers for a while.  Starting Tuesday.

We watched a Tina Fey film that was billed as a comedy, but wasn't a comedy.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (strange title) was its name and Fey tried her best and was pretty good in a role that demanded all of her range.  What few facial expressions she possesses were on full display, all three of them, bringing to mind what additional energy and complexity the role might contain had Kate Blanchett or someone at that level might have brought to the table.  I enjoyed the film much more than mom and Alice, who both fell asleep because it was so slow and dull. 


After the movie, we cleaned the kitchen, then went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment