Day - 1566

Thursday, September 12, 2019

I had my seconds doubles final at Active Sports tonight for the hit & switch league.  My partner was Carlos, fresh from his week vacation in Hawaii.  All he had to do what hit his famous hard serves and it was game over.  Well, it wasn't so easy.  We played Ari and Roger, who played really well the first game.  The game was tight the entire way and we were down 12-13 when Carlos called a timeout and Carlos suggested switching serves because Roger had a read on Carlos’s drive serve on the left hand side. That was such a great idea, and when we got the serve back we closed out game 1. Carlos has an equally effective serve on the right hand side and Ari had trouble adjusting.   Ari didn’t miss one shot in game 1. Carlos asked me, “What’s going on with Ari?” and I simply responded “Hit it to Roger.”  We kept switching things up and changing gears in game 2 and had the mental upper hand when both Ari and Roger started skipping the ball.  A couple of Mike Lippitt cross-court lob serves to Ari’s forehand turned the fast-paced slugfest into an anti-climactic slo-mo old’s man game. We won the second game 15-4.  It was a sweet win and the first time ever that I've won two championships in one week. 


Now with the singles league beginning next week, I may have to go for the trifecta!

I came home afterward and my throat was still pretty sore.  I had trouble going to bed.  That's okay.  I'll sleep well on the cruise this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment