Day - 1552

Thursday, September 26, 2019

The infamous whistleblower complaint was released Thursday morning just as the Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire was about to testify before the House intelligence committee.  It was an amazing sight watching several journalists, op-ed writers and broadcasters sifting through the complaint, looking for the juiciest lines to read on the air. 


That was a moment I won't forget!

The testimony of Maguire followed.  I watched it at work.  I didn't like Schiff's paraphrasing of Trump's quotes and Nunes et al pounced on it.  They'll pounce on anything, so why give them anything?

This scandal feels big and dangerous and large enough to swallow entire departments whole.  Trump is truly amoral and doesn't understand that what he did was wrong.  Amazing.

I got a flu shot mid-morning and felt fine throughout the day until I got home.  I had racquetball singles league tonight and tried to shake off some of the fatigue I was feeling, but during my first game I felt awful and exhausted.  I couldn't play or focus at all and I was playing someone I have never lost to.  He was playing well and we were tied throughout the game.  I took a time out at 5-5 and broke one of my new racquets at 8-8.  I was behind 9-10 but managed to eek out the final two points.  The game took a good 20 minutes and after I was done I was done for the night.  But I played five more games because I knew I'd need the points.  I ended up wining 3 and losing 3.  Afterward, I came home and went right to sleep.  I may be coming down with something again.

No comments:

Post a Comment