Day - 1561 - Cruise Day 4 - Los Angeles

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

We actually got an extra day on board the Royal Princess.  We were supposed to disembark around 7 a.m., but didn't arrive in Port until 1:45, and didn't leave the ship until 2:30.  I didn't mind and in fact preferred the afternoon disembarkation. 

We took a few photos on the top deck before heading to Vines for lunch.






Getting to the airport was a bit of a chore.  There were lots of guests waiting for Uber and Lyft at the terminal.  My Uber app wasn't working and Alice was getting knocked out of her Lyft app.  Luckily, Tiger got a driver with his phone and we managed to get to LAX by 3.

Our flight home was scheduled for 6:20 p.m., but just as we passed through security, out flight was cancelled, so we were placed on Murry's flight to Oakland.  Unfortunately, we were in Group C, which meant only middle seats.  I lucked out, sitting next to a nice woman from Oakland who used to play the sax.  We talked about music during the flight.

Once we arrived in Oakland, we grabbed a Lyft home.  It took about an hour to get home.  Traffic was decent.  The moment I arrived home, I took a shower and went to bed.  Even though we were only gone a few days, I was wiped out and didn't feel well at all.  I work from home tomorrow so I'll plow through whatever I have in the queue, but if I'm not feeling better, I may need to cancel rehearsal tomorrow and use a sick day on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment