Day - 1393

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

I took another day off work.  My foot is very sore and I can't move around well.  Lisa took my ballot to the local polling location at 7:30.  Before she came over, at 6:30 a.m., I filled out my ballot.  I had no idea who to vote for, Bernie or Biden, Bernie or Biden.  Biden felt like such a non-vote, but Bernie seemed unelectable.  It was the most difficult voting decision I've ever had to make.  Finally, I voted with the kids and voted for Bernie.

Later in the day, when the numbers began to come out and it was clear that Biden was having a huge night, I was relieved.  Even though his mind isn't as sharp as Bernie, Joe Biden is at least well-liked and stands in stark contrast against Trump.  I think he's the more difficult opponent.

And clearly the DNC agrees.  What they orchestrated since South Carolina was impressed.  They managed to talk Mayor Pete and Amy Klobuchar out of the race before Super Tuesday.  That's really something.  From the 20+ candidates who ran for president, it was Joe all along who would win.  I don't see anyone stopping him after tonight.  It reminds me of John McCain in 2008, a campaign left for dead, then revived on Super Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment