Day - 1381

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Up at 5:30 a.m. to go to Safeway this morning for ingredients to tonight's dinner.  Wow.  Many shelves are bare.  The onions and potatoes...gone.  Rubbing alcohol...gone.  Dishwashing liquid...ah, about 12 or so bottles that were just stocked, so I grabbed one.  And a 12-roll of tp, which was also recently stocked.  The soup section...gone.  I've never seen grocery shelves so empty.

I treated myself to a Starbuck's mocha inside Safeway, then returned home to self-isolation.  I hopped on Facebook for the first time ever and shot out emails and texts.  I'll continue to do that throughout the day.  It's a good time to take a break, reflect on everything, catch up on things and connect with the peeps I care about.

Afternoon:

Face Timed with Jill and Chris, spoke with Kevin, and even connected with a few old friends on Facebook.  Things are getting very real very quickly.  It's all happening so fast.

This pic gives me pause:


I listened to the latest daily update from Chris Martensen:


He states infection is increasing by a factor of 10 every two weeks.  That means two weeks from now 1 million people will be infected with the coronavirus, and a month from now 10 million people will be infected.  That's mind blowing, but also the way exponential numbers work.

One great way to handle all the craziness is to eat and cook wonderful food.  We made a delicious lamb shank in red wine sauce with garlic mashed potatoes.  It was so good!  We'll be doing that a lot this month and April.




No comments:

Post a Comment