Day 800

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Up at 7, and from 7am to 8 pm, I wrote or thought about writing Tos’s story.  The first chapter sets everything up.  It helps to know the full story.  I know most of it, and certainly Tos’s backstory, which will be fascinating to write.  I can see Downton Abbey influences here, along with the obvious Lee K. Abbott tendencies, which have always been music to my ears, Vivaldi-level music, so good and deep in the pocket.  Took a shower at 5 p.m. and had dinner while watching an episode of Mad Men Season 7.  Truly one of the greatest TV shows of all time.  Maybe even the best.  The writing, story, acting, sets, costumes, everything are so superb.  And it’s always so full of surprises.  It’s one series I can watch all over again from beginning to end.

Talked with Chris at 8 for an hour.  I hope to send him some pages in a few days.  Still tinkering and getting things right.  Talked to Alice afterward and one of her longtime friends and members of her bicycle gang, Peter, had what sounds like an aneurysm on Monday.  He had surgery, but it all sounds like very bad news.  May and Peter were going on the same cruise we’re going on, only a few months later in July.  Alice is as close to her bicycle gang as I am with my Bellingham gang.  It’s possible we’ll see them all this weekend.



Quickly reading We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo before I have to return it.  Watched two more episodes of Mad Men, finishing what I had left and staying up close to midnight.  TV junky for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment