Day 794

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Up at 4:44, racquetball from 5:10-7:05, back home by 8.  It was another full house at the gym.  Glenn, Dorian, Kirk, Ronald and I played singles until 6:45, then we switched to doubles.  It's been fun having new guys play with us in the morning.  I play my singles match against Steve on Friday.

At home, I sent out four new queries and continued tweaking my cover letter.  Here's what I currently have to describe True Colors:

Assertive, quick-thinking Lauren loves the limelight, hates the word "adorable," and must track down her missing dog Bailey before he's gone for good.  Quiet, gifted best friend Lani loves her books, sees bizarre Shengxiao animals inside people's hearts, and feels self-conscious over her Chinese roots and the freaky secret ability her adoptive parents know nothing about. With a new detective agency to run and unsolved mysteries to pursue, these two talented fifth graders discover they make a pretty awesome team.  They constantly catch what adults often miss, including clear evidence that a serial pet thief stalks their Oakland neighborhood.

TRUE COLORS DETECTIVE AGENCY is a 28,000-word Middle Grade whodunit that feels grownup but keeps the suspense preteen friendly.


At the moment, this is good enough for me.  I've also been tweaking the first chapter, but it is what it is.  Maybe Dogs in the Fog will have better luck.

I took care of writing duties until 1, then had lunch and headed to Wendel at 3.  I worked until 6, then came home and took care of chores for two hours before re-reading chapter 1, making more changes, then going to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment