Day 799

Monday, March 23, 2015

Up at 4, drove home, collected my gym gear and made it to they gym by 5:05.  I played a few singles games and two doubles games, then showered and came home to a full day of writing at 7:40.  I worked on Dogs in the Fog all day, with a few naps thrown in and about 90 minutes of reading time.  What a great day!  I wish they could all be like this!

The trick with Dogs is getting the voice right.  My dog Tos is a country hound who's smart, observant, and insightful in a very canine/protective sort of way.  His owner Tim is his god and he worship the ground Tim walks on.  Tim is 15 or 16 and a great kid, a lot like Miles, who will one day become the greatest animal trainer of his generation.  Tos's other owner Clair, who stars with Tos on the Dogs in the Fog TV show, is a natural talent who takes to fame and celebrity like Mozart took to music.  The story is really about Tim and Clair and their big romance, but with so much happening in Tos's life and so much that has already happened, I think there will be enough balance to even out the storylines. 

At 6:30, I left for the club again to play my league match against George.  I beat him 15-5, 15-6, then came home and watched two episodes of Mad Men season 7, which just arrived today on Netflix.  To bed at 10 after talking with Alice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment