Day - 1364

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Went to Sprout's at 7:15 and picked up chicken thighs, plastic wrap, orange juice, butter, milk and onions, then picked up a Starbuck's mocha next door.  Sprout's was empty and well stocked.  Only a handful of shoppers were inside.  I wore gloves and a face mask.  It was warm, sunny spring day.

I came home around 8:30 and logged on.  I'm only working 3.5 hours today, and every day through April.  That gives me time to do other things, like Masterclass.

I'm watching two Masterclasses, Steve Martin and Joyce Carol Oates.



Both are excellent.  For some reason, Masterclass was giving away a free subscription, so I send one to Chris.  I think he'll like it a lot.  I learning invaluable lessons from the pros.  Great practical stuff.  I'm a junkie for these kinds of things.

Chris sent me a link to the new George Saunders short story in the New Yorker, Love Letter.



I found this story very powerful and a call to arms.  It's a big wake up call to seize the moment while we're still in our pre-election period.  The reality of our situation is Trump cannot, must not win reelection.  It just cannot happen.  The only result of that is doom.  He has given us everything he has to offer.  There are no further ideas, gears, creative sparks left in this man.  All that is left is a continuation of distractions and a rounding up of damages, ill-conceived grievances and petty impulses. He is an exhausting dysfunctional example of greed and cowardice, and the country needs no more of him.

Work was steady today.  I had two projects to complete.  Erika, the Center and I had a short meeting about yesterday's update on work hours, etc., afterwhich I had a "coffee" date with Lillian and Maria on Zoom.  That was fun!  I enjoy catching up with people on Zoom.

I organized my apt., planned tomorrow's cooking routine (chicken stew and bread), and played 90 minutes of bridge after dinner with Kevin.  I'm enjoying spending a few extra hours each day engaged in activities I haven't done in years, like playing bridge.  I even hauled out the old bridge books from the garage.  They're old and probably outdated, but will serve the purpose in the interum.  If Kevin and I get into it, we can update our bidding conventions.

Finished a long day with an update from Chris Martensen:


Tomorrow, it's a full day of Grandudes and stock/company reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment