Day - 1360

Sunday, April 5, 2020

We went to Safeway early in the morning.  There were lines in every store it seemed. Alice needed coffee beans.  We went to Noriega first, but the line was too long to get into the store.  So we went to Diamond Heights.  Also a long line.  I didn't have my mask with me, so Alice waited in line for 45 minutes.  I should have brought my phone with me.  The rain and wind started to pick up.  Finally, she was out of the store with several bags of whole beans. When Alice goes out for supplies, she loads up for years.  I love it.  She bought seven bags of coffee beans!

We were home by 9:30.  I talked with Kevin for two hours about bridge.  We signed up for ACBL membership for three years.  It will be very good for my brain to get back into bridge.  We talked about the bidding conventions we used to play, and played 8 hands on BBO Bridge.  Very instructive.  We'll get back into it soon enough.  With my renewed membership came this surprise:


Sweet! I'm only 8.5 points away from Club Master.  How fun!

I set up a work station (command center) downstairs.  Alice needed her dining room back.  Alice had a folding table downstairs that is pretty big, so doing my thing in the Airbnb will work just fine for the next few months. 

At 3, the gang caught up again for an hour.  Looks like we'll be able to run a home game poker night on Friday at 6.  Love it!  You can download Pokerstars.net and play for free.  You can also organize Home Games.  It's possible that we can play cash games and tournaments at the same time.  And have our Zoom Meeting on as well.  Wonderful.  I'm really looking forward to that!

Connor's Patreon site is fantastic.  He's so creative and musically inventive.  He mentioned a great video by The Real Tuesday Weld that I absolutely love:



Just fantastic!  They have more like this.


Work is too busy right now, considering we're only supposed to work 3.5 hours per day.  Hmmm.

Before bed, I spend an hour reading news, catching up on all things coronaV, and wondering how the world will look when this is behind us.  1930s?  Repeat of 2008?  Or something altogether new and different and unpleasant?  I don't see much upside going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment