Day - 1333

Thursday, April 30, 2020

I read through Grandudes this morning and brainstormed revision ideas with Chris from 10:30-12:30.  Very good.  It's nice getting back at it with a good script for Fred to consider. Along with Word, I’m using OneNote, which helps me organize.

I was finally able to get through to the International Bahn Office to cancel our sleepcar train service from Munich to Budapest.  We were only allowed a 50% refund, which is maddening.  Anyway, that was taken care of.  All refunds have been issued except for our Lufthansa airline ticket from Prague to Munich for May 13. I'll take care of that next week.

We were supposed to fly to Munich today and travel Europe for two weeks.  Oh well, so it goes.

We had a Zoom chat with the Petty family at 7 p.m.  Uncle Bob and his family were there.  It was fun, though only one person can talk at a time and when you have more than 7 or 8 people the conversation feels a little stilted.  Still, it's great seeing everyone.  There were some conservative minded relatives so we didn't talk politics too much.

Speaking of politics...The election.  It's coming up.  Only 187 days before Dooms Day.  If all plays out properly, this could be a very therapeutic event for all rational, reasonable, normal-thinking citizens.  I want the orange menace gone so desperately that I'm pretty all-in on November's outcome.  If Team Orange and Russia figure out a way to cheat their way to victory, I'm not sure what kind of game plan I can create that doesn't include a total disconnection from all national politics going forward.  I'm not sure how one preserves and sustains healthy thinking if this joke wins reelection.  Trump fatigue is real.  I don't believe there are more insane votes than rational voters, which is why I don't see him winning in November.  But as we know, anything is possible, and this country enjoys a sizable patheticness that I struggle to understand.  It's a country engaged in self-sabotage.  We'll see how engaged it is in its own destruction this November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment