Day - 1353

Sunday, April 12, 2020 - Easter

Work up around 7, had breakfast and went to Home Depot for gardening supplies for Alice.  HD was empty...easy to shop...no lines.  Easter Sunday is the right time to shop for anything, except groceries.  Safeway still had a line 30 minutes long.  But not Starbuck's.  I picked up a mocha to go at the Westlake location. No line at all.

Back at home, I read bridge books and my Warren Buffett book on Financial Reports.  Boring stuff but I like it.  It will take a few weeks to feel solid with my and Kevin's bidding convention card again.

I helped Alice plant her sugar daddy peas, big kanuna green beans and spinach.  Going forward, gardening will be the way to go.

We had a wonderful dinner (Alice's delicious ribs, rice, zucchini and mushrooms) while watching 60 Minutes.

Before bed, I watched a couple of great YouTube videos that explained the financial markets and the situation we're facing.  The first one was with Chris Martensen and Matt Taibbi.  Really interesting...two super smart guys talking about the rigged economy and how the stimulus money will go to corporations and connected rich folks before hitting the accounts of average joes.


The next video was an interview with Lyn Alden, whose newseltter I follow.  Equally interesting stuff.


Went to bed late, around 11:45 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment