Day 679

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Spent most of the day reading after Alice and I finished our shopping and chores.  It was a perfect weekend with Alice where we stayed at home and did our thing.  I love weekends like that.  We watched


which was a very odd sort of film, definitely watchable but without the usual conflict that keeps a film moving. Things felt too easy for the protagonist, who has the ability to go back in time to redo things such as kissing a girl, reading a book, helping an actor with his lines and saving his sister from the perils of driving while under the influence.  I'd probably like it more if I hadn't seen any other Richard Curtis film.  They're somehow all the same, like mashed potatoes.  I like mashed potatoes, and this film was easygoing enough, but its purpose was lost on me in the end.  It shouldn't have been so easy for the main character to win over Rachel McAdams the second time.  I didn't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment