Day 675

Wednesday, November 19, 2014



I can only imagine how much denial Camille Cosby lives with, having been married to a serial rapist and sociopath like Bill Cosby for over 50 years.  Now that I've severed ties with my own personal fantasy of who Bill Cosby is, I'm finding the unraveling of this story fascinating.  Some people will not be able to distinguish between Bill Cosby the performer from Bill Cosby the actual human being.  They now seem as different as Hannibal the dinner host and Hannibal the cannibal.  It's too painful and shocking to believe, but as I discover with each passing year, nothing is really shocking when human beings are involved.  Nothing. Not a thing.  I can believe the most outrageous, inconceivable accusations when 15+ women come forward revealing the same horrific tale.  That's the kind of circumstantial evidence that I find practically impossible to dispute.  The level of denial and refusal to acknowledge reality in Camp Cosby must be at the breaking point about now.  I hope his soulless lawyers are paid well for their hack statements.  They're just doing their job, I know, but I find myself wanting more of an explanation.  Of course, that will never happen.  We're dealing with an extreme case of predatory manipulation since the 60s.  That's 40 years of addictive, controlling, crazy behavior.  He'll never admit to anything, and in all likelihood, neither will Camille.  His children?  Not while he's alive.  And yet, this is about as large a story (and grand a deception) as the Madoff scandal.  It wasn't just that he overpowered and took advantage of women.  He drugged them.  He did things to young, lifeless bodies.  He's a monster, a real sociopath if there ever was one, and he's gotten away with it for decades.  Not anymore.  The way this is going, he's about to join OJ, Madoff, and Phil Spector as another untouchable with lots of money.


No comments:

Post a Comment