Day - 1474

Friday, December 13, 2019

It was our company Christmas party this afternoon at a new venue across the street from the Transbay Terminal on Howard St.  It's a very stylish nightclub with lights all over the walls and ceiling, synchronized by a very large master control panel on the side of the dance floor.  No gift bags this year...what?

I left early to shop for Christmas gifts on Grand and Lakeshore, then came home and packed up for tomorrow's whirlwind trip to Bellingham.

While in Walden Pond Books on Grand, I bought a used copy of Philip Roth's Operation Shylock.  I remember when the book came out back in the '90s.  I need to read more Philip Roth.  He's so good and creative.  He tends to go on and on about the subjects he's passionate about, but he's so entertaining and funny.  This novel, about a second Philip Roth promoting the diaspora back to Poland from Israel, is really something.  I'm 30 pages in and hooked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment