Day - 1473

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Fly up to Bellingham this morning, got my rental car ($55 for the weekend from Dollar...such a great price!), then drove to Everett where I met Nicole, Mike and the kids for lunch!



I love visiting with Nicole and her family.  Hailey and Hank are so adorable.

Back on the road, I made good time to Bellingham and drove up East Toledo to check out the old neighborhood.  It's different and not different.  The large three-story house across the street doesn't look as massive as it once did.  The bushes we played hide-and-seek in have grown to become trees, and our 1003 E. Toledo house was all decked in Christmas lights and banners.  Very festive.

I drove up West Toledo, cutting across Racine, and connecting down Pacific Street to the light at the bottom of the street on Lakeway Dr. Every time I'm in Bellingham, I'm bombarded with old memories.

I checked into my room at the Oxford Suites around 1:30 and read for an hour (Phil Roth's Operation Shylock).



Got a quick bite to eat, looked through the shelves of Barnes & Noble, then went to be early, a quiet Saturday night in Bellingham.  

No comments:

Post a Comment