Day - 1456

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Worked from home today and it was surprisingly busy...lots of little jobs and one major job that I had to rush.  Made time to take the Youngs (Richard, Lisa, Trey, Miles, Sophia) out for coffee at Peet's for an hour.  We occupied one of the large roundtable areas with nice swival chairs.  After 1, it was back to work until 3, then the office closed early.  I scrambled to wrap up a few things and pack up before heading to SF for New Year's. 

I made it to Sunset at 5:45.  Alice and I went to Safeway to get flowers for Amy, then we headed over to Amy and Patrick's for a very nice New Year's Eve dinner party.  The kids Patrick and Peaches were there, along with Patrick's mother.  We had a great time.  Somehow, we ended up playing musical instruments after dinner...Patrick played piano, then Peaches, then Alice played ukulele. From out of nowhere, Patrick brought down a violin that hadn't been played in about ten years.  After five minutes to tune the instrument, I played a couple of Christmas songs and Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  It was fun playing something on the violin when no one except Alice knew I could play.  We were there until 9 p.m., then left for home.  I tried staying up until midnight, but fell short by 90 minutes.  Such an oldie!

No comments:

Post a Comment