Day - 1663

Friday, June 7, 2019

Racquetball from 5-6:15 with Ari, Tyrone, and Tiger.  I slept very little last night, up again at 1:30 a.m. I had a mocha at work around 11 and that got me through the afternoon.  I had a few jobs to tackle to keep me awake and an IPD project that took two hours to finish.  After work, I scrambled to order Yang Chow and clean up the place a bit for Richard and Margaret, who joined me in watching the Warriors/Raptors game.  This was a must win game for Golden State, but they did not capitalize on a slow and misguided Raptors start.  They were ahead by as many as 12 points in the second quarter and 7 points by the half, but they played so-so in the third quarter and horribly in the fourth, while the Raptors stayed composed and made their shots.  The Warriors were simply outplayed in the second half and lost their second home game in-a-row, scoring only 93 points.  Down 3-1 and not looking like the sharp-shooting Harlemglobetrotting team they're supposed to be, I don't see them taking this series, not when Toronto's playing so well.  And KD's not coming back anytime soon.  His injury is perhaps more serious than we've been led to believe. 

At any rate, Yang Chow was delicious and it was fun watching the game with Richard and Margaret, painful as it was.  We went out for consolation Colonial Donuts and milk after the game.  A glazed old-fashioned soothed the pain somewhat.  By 10 I was dead tired, and by 11 I was sound asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment