Day - 1644

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Not too busy at work today.  I listened to music in the morning.  I like the music we're playing in OCO next year.  Our Fall concert features Schumann Symphony No. 4 and Brahms Haydn Variations.  Our Winter concert has two pieces I'm not familiar with, Beach's Gaelic Symphony and Vaughan Williams' The Lark Ascending.  In March 2020 we'll play Beethoven's Symphony No. 2, Hindemith Symphonic Metamorphosis, and Strauss's Horn Concert No. 2.  Our season finale in May will be Piazolla's Tangazo and Rimsky-Korsakov's Capriccio Espagnole.  Great music next season!

Dinner with Howard and Dorian at Mijori.  So good!  We talked about D's unfortunate legal situation he's dealing with.  Howard's perspective was valuable. 


After dinner, the three of us came over to my place to deal a few hands of Texas holdem.  We're thinking about making a visit to the Oaks Card Club next Wednesday evening.  I've always wanted to see Howard at the 3/6 table.  I haven't played there in a few years.  Howard is intrigued with the game and has always wanted to go to the Oaks.  I'm looking forward to going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment