Day 1368

Friday, October 14, 2016

After racquetball, I went to work expecting a calm, easygoing day in which I was meeting Lillian for lunch at noon, completing the last of a long project, and enjoying a nice dinner with Rossana.  Instead, my colleague Mario was gone for the day and I had two filings and one rush project to get out the door by the afternoon, so from the moment I arrived until 5:07 I was totally stressed and rushing to complete everything.  Luckily, I had some huge help from Gina, the new person who sits next to me.  I had to run tables on an Appellate brief with cites that went on and on.  We use Best Authority, which is an amazing program, but because I don't use it much I'd forgotten some of the steps involved in cleaning up the document.  I'll have to refresh myself next week and watch the videos again.

Anyway, I ran the tables and completed the project before I left for the day.  Lillian and I will have lunch sometime next week.

I took the NX1 home to Grand Ave and met Rossana at Penrose.



She took me out for my birthday, which was so sweet of her!  We had a wonderful dinner and caught up on our lives, the election, etc.  The ribeye steak we ordered was so delicious...one of the best I'd ever had.  So juicy and seasoned to perfection.

I came home, talked to Alice, watched the NewsHour, then fell fast asleep around 11 or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment