Day 1071

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Had a leisurely morning at mom and Craig's followed by Star Wars at 11.  It was perfectly fine with a few surprises and acceptable enough script by JJ Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt (of Little Miss Sunshine fame), but those types of action/adventure films are not for me anymore, mainly because they're so formulaic -- I've seen too many of them, so even if it's Star Wars, it wears thin after an hour.  The film felt long, but aside from that, I enjoyed all the decisions, all the little details, and was surprised at how kid-friendly everything was.  Looks like I'll be seeing it again with my 8-year-old nephew in North Carolina, who is a massive Star Wars fan and really can't get enough of that world.


After the movie, we came home and watched the Seahawks take care of business against the Browns, visited with a few of mom and Craig's friends in the neighborhood, then in the evening I watched Amy, the documentary on Amy Winehouse, which was outstanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment