Day 1066

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Wrote for an hour or so in the morning, then went to work, then came home and wrote another couple of hours, knowing I won't have much time left before I leave on Saturday.  I'm finding places to stop until I get back to it later in the month.  I may bring a few chapters to look over when I'm gone.

At 5:30, I watched the latest GOP debate and it was more of the same, more nonsense and bluster.  People still don't think Trump has a chance, but I'm not so sure, considering the weak field.  He may well be the nominee.  My guess is he has a better than 50% chance.  Jeb Bush was better tonight, but only slightly better.  He's still unimpressive.  He totally lacks charisma.  He looks like he's from the 90s, and maybe he is.  Ted Cruz will not win this year, but in four years he will be dangerous.  He's the kind of crazy socio-politician who never gives up, no matter how many times he loses.  I do not like him at all.  I also don't like Marco Rubio at all.  I find everything he says calculated and lacking in sincerity.  He tells the same story over and over.  I don't know why anyone would vote for such a phony.  Chris Christie is also full of bluster, speaking to "America" with his concerned mug focused directly on the TV camera like he's our best friend who's looking out for all of us.  I don't think so.  And Carly, wow.  The sooner Iowa and New Hampshire boot her out with their 1% support, the better.  John Kasich is at least halfway real, but he doesn't have a chance.  Same with Rand Paul at zero chance.  Ben Carson will also fade fast after Iowa.  And the undercard folks...Lindsey, Pete, and whoever's left...their days were done back in the summer.  There isn't one strong candidate who can outshine the GOP's version of Obama 2008, Donald Trump.  I don't see it.  I think he might actually win the nomination.  That just may be exactly what the GOP deserves.  They've been on this road for years now and this is the monster they must embrace.  Heaven help this country if we ever spiral into a true economic depression.  This place would get real crazy in a hurry.

Spoke with Chris later in the evening and we chatted for an hour.  Then spoke to Alice, then went to bed around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment