Day 415

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I didn't go into the gym this morning, which ended up being a good thing.  The gym was closed for the day.  Apparently, the club was sold to new owners and details of the lease were still left in the air, so the gym was closed in order for the power brokers to make a deal.  Even Governor Jerry Brown, who goes to Club One, made a call to ensure the club would be open soon.  The club opened by 5 p.m. and everything is good again.

Work is slow, but I managed to put in three hours in Emeryville.  The come is progressing slowly.  I can't write it any faster than I am.  I'm using all the little tricks and tool I used when writing Zombie Cookies.  Those tricks work, especially my little five-minute drill, in which I write a couple paragraphs in five minutes.  I can usually write around 150-200 words in five minutes.  My chapters are 500-1000 words long, so I have a chapter that's only 300 words long, I set my timer for five minutes.  Ten minutes later, the chapter is finished.  Without the timer, it would take me maybe 30 minutes to compose 200 words.


No comments:

Post a Comment