Day 413

Sunday, March 2, 2014


It was a strange but ultimately enjoyable Oscar telecast, though it dragged on forever toward the end, and those commercials...damn, there were so many of them.  How does anyone watch commercial television anymore.  It's such overkill.  Ellen is Ellen.  I thought her monologue was fine.  She's no Ricky Gervais, who I would have preferred, but then I'm not a big star who can't take a joke.  Ellen was safe and bland and the opposite of last year's Family Guy.  A few of the acceptance speeches were terrific this year.  And 12 Years a Slave as Best Picture.  I'm downloading the book on my Kindle tomorrow.

My regular cast of neighborhood characters joined me over pizza, lasagna, salad, popcorn, Ben & Jerry's et al.  A splendid time for sure, with Rhonda taking top prize for most correct Oscar picks [only because the host disqualified himself : ) ]

The selfie above, however, was in a weird sort of way my favorite moment, especially after learning Twitter crashed.  I love how silly people are, even big stars.  Silliness never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment