Day 45

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I woke up later than I'd planned, sent a few emails, read a few pages and looked over my to-do list for the rest of the week.  Poor mom.  She has such a boring, work-obsessed son.  We're going to see Side Effects this afternoon. 



6:30 p.m. - so mom and I saw this film.  The setup was intriguing and the middle of the film held my interest; however, the final 20 minutes was truly preposterous and silly.  The more I thought about the actual storyline, the more I felt cheated by this film.  Endings are tough because so many surprises have already been done and storytellers feel the need to create something completely new.  They lead audiences down one path, then change course to fullfil some element of surprise and wonder.  Yikes.  This ending truly blew. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment