Day 33

Friday, February 15, 2013

I was up at 4:10 today at Alice's and hit the road at 4:25.  Made it to the gym on time with Dorian, Glenn and Steve there as well.  Tiger arrived at 5:10, so the guys are coming earlier and earlier.

Started writing at 8:15 with query revisions, blog entries, thoughts on chapter 3 of IG and the opening of Martin Martinez.  Lots to think about.

I'm continuing my strategy of assigning 5, 10, and 15-minute to-do list tasks to keep me on task.  It seems to be working well.  I find myself more focused when I'm engaged in many projects at once.  Some tasks take a long time, so I'll sometimes extend how long I have.  It works.  I am more likely to finish five tasks that take 10 minutes each than one task taking 50 minutes.  It's how I'm wired.  The key is writing everything down on paper, setting my egg timer, and crossing off the item when the timer goes off.  It's not about finishing, it's about doing.  By the end of the day, when I've logged in 40-50 minutes of time on each task, I can then work to complete whatever the task is.  Usually, things take between 20-80 minutes to finish.  Breaking up an 80-minute task into ten five-minute tasks and three ten-minute tasks is so much more efficient.  Crazy but true.

I'm assigning lunchboxes to all the characters in Introducing Girls.  Jamal has an Eval Knieval box, Annette an Orange Crush box, Kelly a Snoopy lunchbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment