Day 38

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Got up at 4:40, played racquetball until 7:00.  Home by 8.  Returned a few emails and tidied up the place for Neil's arrival.  I have so much to do right now...I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed.

5:00 p.m.  I finished my Martin query and edited another chapter.  I'll start sending queries out tomorrow.

I think my Austin15 novel might be the most commercial book I'll write this year.  Introducing Girls might not carry as much appeal with agents and editors.  It's probably better for me to write Austin15 before No Sweat, but perhaps I can outline that memoir as I get Introducing Girls in shape.  So many ideas at the same time...





Meanwhile, Martin Martinez begins its journey for a home this week.  It's an odd sort of book that was originally intended to be a Middle Grade biography but ended up being more adult and sophisticated. I have Julia numbers to compare.  Of the 196 agents I queried I received 26 positive replies or 13.4%.  Of those, only one agent offered representation. 196, 26, 1.  It's time to discover Martin's numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment