Day 42


Sunday, February 24, 2013

No Writing Today.



I spent most of the day preparing for the last of three parties I hosted this month.  The Academy Awards party started at 3 with the red carpet, but I hadn't realize until too late that the actual starting time for the Oscars was 5:30 instead of 4.  ABC tricked me with their misleading announcement on their website.  So much of what goes on today is wound up in that kind of seemingly benign manipulation.  Way to go, ABC.  Remind me to always confirm everything you ever say on your website with another source.  That's so annoying.

Anyway, the show started at 5:30 with Seth MacFarlane as host.  He was good, playing into his bad taste/crossing-the-line persona.  The show was different, funny, and moved quickly.  But man, those commercials toward the end.  Brutal.  So many commercials.  Unreal.

Haven't seen Life of Pi yet, but will in 3D.  Looks amazing.  Ang Lee is a brilliant storytelling genius.  It would be worth watching every film he's ever made. 

The party ended around 8:30.  I was wiped out by 9:30 and in bed by 10. 


No comments:

Post a Comment