Day 43

Monday, February 25, 2013

Woke up late (5:15) and had no time for racquetball.  Damn!  Went to the gym anyway to shower, etc.  Drove Neil to the airport at 6:45 and returned home by 8.



Cleaned, organized at got ready for my trip to mom's.  Flight leaves at 5.  I'm out of the apt. at 2:35.

This week, my goal is to send as many queries out I can.  25-30 would be good.  I have two new projects (Austin15 and True Colors Detective Agency) to get off the ground.  Introducing Girls will be revised between these two.  I think IG is the least commercial of the lot.  Austin15 may be the most commercial, but what do I know.

Apparently, I know absolutely nothing.  I'm still in a bit of a state over all the rejection Julia Milan received from editors last year.  When I emailed Sam ending our Agreement, he apologized for being so silent and gave me the rest of the bad news.  He'd sent Julia to 20 editors.  Fifteen of them said no and five said nothing.  So the entire project is in a box.  It's an accurate metaphor for my life.  In a box.  Misunderstood.  Not wanted by the experts.  I truly hope she has her day and finds enough of a following to warrant the second and third books in the series.  It will be this bitter pill that fuels all the simple, commercially viable stories that follow.  I'm so disappointed.

It's a good time to write Austin15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment