Day 1329

Monday, September 5, 2016

Up at 5:30 to drive to Fairfield to visit Uncle Leo and Louanne to pick up Alice's reading glasses that she forgot two weeks ago when we visited for the day.  I arrived at their house at 7 and went for a walk with them around the neighborhood.  They're doing well and know how to live the retirement life, planning trips, reading the paper, playing golf, taking on each day without regret.  I like spending time with them.  I drove back around 10 and came home for another full day of chores, writing, reading, cleaning, basically catching up.  I'm reading another David Mitchell novel, The Bone Clocks, a book I began two years ago when I first bought it but somehow got sidetracked from (imagine that).  I like his crazy, inventive writing and his packed details.  I get him know, the bizarre outer limits moments that come from sci-fi and Poe, the reality-altering universe he creates.  Good stuff.


Illustration by Sachin Teng

No comments:

Post a Comment