Day 1014

Saturday, October 24, 2015

I had to pick up an E-Force back pack from Steve in Burlingame this morning, so Alice and I played ping pong a few miles away.  She's still a bit weak from the cold she had last week.  Ping pong is a great game to practice.  I don't really need to keep score or play games.  Just hitting the ball back and forth is enough.  We had dumplings at a restaurant a few stores away, then came home.  I wrote for two hours and slept for two hours.  I didn't mean to take such a long nap, but I was completely out and goneby mid-afternoon.  In the evening, we attended a San Francisco Conservatory of Music alumni concert featuring pianist Christopher Basso and violist Jodi Levitz.  It was a wonderful concert.  On the program were Six Bagatelles Op. 126 by Beethoven, Sonata for Viola and Piano Op 147 by Shostakovich, and Schubert's Piano Sonata in B-flat Major.  The Schubert was the highlight.  It's one of my favorites.  I have Horowitz playing it.  Basso's performance was amazing.  I'm not familiar with the viola sonata, but Jodi Levitz can really play.  The concert was long, lasting over two hours.  Alice's friend Cecilia joined us.  We came home around 11 and played more Schubert on YouTube.



No comments:

Post a Comment