Day 1004

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Racquetball in the a.m., then a full day of writing (Nice!), my first in a while.  I sent my revision to Chris after dinner.  It's close to my vision of the first chapter.  Now it's back to chapters 10-12 and more research on all things Swiftopian.  I know my friends will get a kick out of this book, especially Neal and Jay, who were instrumental (no pun intended) in giving me the idea for La Stravaganza.

I can't remember if I've written the moment down, but it was at Neal's house last December.  I was talking to Neal and going on about my heightened appreciation for Vivaldi and his genius in coming up with endlessly creative, imaginative, unique melodic sequences in expressing himself without ever repeating what he'd already done in other instrumental concertos.  I'd never fully appreciated his ability until this past year.  I also mentioned to Neal my total fascination and love for baroque violinist Fabio Biondi, who plays Vivalid unlike anyone I know.  When Jay overheard me rave about Biondi, he jumped right into the conversation, sharing his own Fabio Biondi story in which he was listening to a piece on the car radio that was so mindblowingly incredible that he actually pulled over.  It took him a few minutes to realize he was listening to Vivaldi Winter, only it was performed in such an original way that he couldn't believe what he was hearing.  When the performer's name was mentioned -- Fabio Biondi and Europa Galante -- he became an instant fan.  Jay and I dragged Neal to his TV and fired up a YouTube video of Fabio Biondi playing Vivaldi Winter.  Neal needed to know what we were talking about.  We were like classical music Swifties squealing over our beloved pop star.  It was such a great and memorable moment for me that it inspired my latest novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment