Day 379

Monday, January 27, 2014

Woke up at 4 and made it to the gym at 5.  Played racquetball with Steve and Tiger in preparation for my big match tonight.  Wrote for an hour before work, organized and unpacked and tidied up a bit.  Work was fine.  Came home and went to the gym at 5.

I played my semi-final match against Tyrone tonight and it was a lot like the Seahawks/49ers game last week.  Unfortunately, I ended up playing the role of the 9ers and T is going to the Super Bowl.  I have to hand it to him.  He played great.  Unfortunately, I did, too, which speaks to T's athleticism and commitment to winning.  I was ahead 12-0 in the first game, then T stepped it up big time, changing his serves, playing with more intensity and focus and playing with a lot more aggression.  He scored the next 14 points in-a-row.  Luckily, I scored the final three points (it was 14-14 for the longest time) and took game 1 on a fluke shot that barely reached the front corner.  The second game was all T, beating me 15-8.  He served first in the tie-breaker and scored 10 points before I even served.  Then I scored 6 points in-a-row, but it was too little too late and T took the final point and the match.  We played for 80 minutes.  He was reasonable throughout (no crazy calls this time) and I congratulated him on playing so well.  Damn, it kills me not to be in the finals, but what can I say.  Someone had to lose and I just didn't have enough bullets left to finish him off.  It was one of the best matches we've played against each other.  In the end, Tyrone deserved the victory because he really stepped it up and beat me when I was playing very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment