Day 370

Saturday, January 18, 2014

I played Tyrone at 10 in the morning and beat him 15-4, 15-11.  It means we may meet again in the semis.  I don't like playing Tyrone at all.  He's goes mental inside the court and has a very limited range of fairness from my perspective.  In other words, he's a total head case sometimes, especially when he's excited and arguing a point.  I will always have a ref watching us play when we have a match that matters.  At any rate, it felt good beating him so soundly.

I had a wonderful lunch with Susan and Libby in San Francisco.  It had been many years since I'd seen them, so it was wonderful catching up.  We ate at Cafezaza, which makes excellent burgers and fries.  The conversation was lively and upbeat.  We also walked around the Mission for an hour before I headed over to Alice's.

Alice and I went to Korean Barbecue for dinner, then saw August: Osage County.  I enjoy good dysfunctional stories, and this one had some familiar moments that I totally understand.  Drinking, pills, mean-spiritedness, enabling, craziness, I love all that stuff.  I'm so glad I don't engage in that kind of unhealthy dynamic anymore...at least I try not to.  

I went to bed around 11.  Can't wait for the big Seahawks game tomorrow.  Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment