Day 377

Saturday, January 25, 2014

With so many weekends devoted to events, guests, trips, etc., it was nice to relax in SF with Alice.  We woke up early and did our thing on Irving, ordering drinks at Starbuck's and bagels at Posh Bagel next door.  We surfed the net for an hour or so, then headed over to Costco, Home Depot, and Target for food, car wash supplies, and Super Bowl fare.

In the afternoon, Alice's ipad was mysteriously erased.  The night before, Austin's ipad was stolen when his backpack was taken from the back seat of his father's car.  At first, I thought the thieves had magically erased Alice's ipad.  It made no sense, so I spent about 30 minutes looking up icloud ids and Apple ids and Find my iPhone details.  Alice called Austin and Austin had inadvertently erased his mom's ipad, thinking it was his.  I then found his icloud information (I'd initially set it up when the ipad was Austin's grandfather's) and set up the sounds, flashing messages and passwords that essentially rendered the stolen ipad completely disabled.  The ipad hasn't been online yet, but once it is, all sorts of anti-theft bells and whistles will go off.

The Find My iPhone feature is pretty neat.

We had rack of lamb, rice and squash for dinner while watching Identity Thief, which was truly horrible.  I like a good bad movie as much as anyone, but when I film crosses the line into lazy ridiculousness, I can't watch it.  Neither can Alice.  We watched the first 20 minutes and the last 5 minutes without feeling like we missed anything.

We moved on to another film on Netflix, Stuck in Love.


Now this was a good bad film that was watchable.  The acting was excellent and telling was earnest enough, but it seemed a little too precious and silly for my taste.  I love stories about dysfunctional personality types, especially when they're writers, but this film didn't ring true much of the time.  I would have liked if more had I seen it when I was in my 20s.  Reality has a way of spoiling a lot of movies because the goods they're trying to sell have no bearing in reality whatsoever.

After the movie, we stayed up for a few minutes of Saturday Night Live before we shut'er down.

No comments:

Post a Comment