Day 198

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Woke up at 4:45 and arrived at the gym at 5:10.  Brian showed up at 5:20 with a new racquet.  We played three games and I beat him three times, leaving him in a bad mood all morning long.  I beat him the first game 15-0.  The last two games were closer, but I pulled them out.  Brian is a phenomenal player, but this morning I had his number.  That's how good I felt this morning.

It is such a relief to have ZC in Sharon's hands.  Now I can move on to something new.

This morning I went to breakfast with Trey, who'd just returned from five weeks in Europe.  Trey is simply amazing to me.  He graduated with something like a 4.37 grade point average.  His class load was full of demanding math and science courses in preparation for his engineering studies at Cal Poly.  I know how difficult his class load was, yet he made it look easy.  We had a terrific two-hour breakfast at Lynn & Lou's.  He brought his laptop, so we spent a good hour talking about his trip through Denmark, Germany, France, Switzerland and Italy.  He traveled with two friends.  His pics were sweet!  It's a real joy hanging out with a high school grad I've known since the first day of his life.  That's been the magic of living so close to Richard and Lisa. 

After breakfast, I cleaned my apt. to Vivaldi and Handel. 

Chris and I were supposed to meet online at 4, but it's 4:40 and it looks like he's a no-show.  That means it's time for another episode of Midred Pierce.




Chris showed up at 5 and we brainstormed for an hour.  Good chat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment