Day 188

Sunday, July 21, 2013

I spent most of the day revising ZC and will revise around the clock for the next couple of days.  I received another full manuscript request, which is a relief.  I was beginning to worry. 

As it stands, chapters 1-10 are fine.  They need little if any work.  Chapters 11-15 need a healthy infusion of spy-training detail and a general refinement of language and syntax.  Chapters 16-20 are rough but shouldn't take more than five hours to tighten.  That leaves chapters 20-39.  Hmm.  Well, if I can revise them in such a way that the details are there and the layers are in place within a 48-hour period, I would be happy.  There might not be as much to my revisions as I believe, though I do think I'll need several more turns at this book before it's absolutely right.  At any rate, I'd like the full sent by Wednesday at noon at the latest. 

This morning, Alice I went for coffee at Irving & 9th, bought fruit and vegetables at the grocery, then headed home.  I wrote until 10, taking breaks to wash both cars, eating dinner and resting for 30 minutes.  Alice destroyed me in cribbage this morning.  Not cool.

Glenn and I play our singles match tomorrow.  It should be a good battle.  He's been playing very well lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment